Friday 1 November 2013

Pear fritters!!

Sorry iv been quiet for a while.  Iv been on holiday (will blog about that later) and have been busy working on my latest pattern submission. 

what I just had to blog about today started with me watching Fringe on Netflix.  Walter Bishop is a little obsessed with food and in one episode got bought some apple fritters. this thing was HUGE but looked yummy so I went on a hunt to see if I could find the recipe, and came across this blog post      "A face full of fritter" written by a really friendly Amy.  :o) after a few comments back and forth I decided to put my twist on her recipe and made Pear fritters!  (only cos I didn't have any apples!!)



OOOOOMMMMGGGGG!!! they are great. so I thought id share my recipe with you. It really fast make when you have a craving for something sweet!


Pear Fritters

Prep time: 5mins
Cook Time: 12 mins (6 mins each batch)
Yield: Aprox 14 mini doughnuts
 
 

1 c  Plain flour
 ¾ tsp baking powder
1 Pear (diced)
2 tsp olive oil
½ c smooth applesauce
¼ c milk (regular or soy)
¼ c  caster sugar,
1 tsp vanilla extract
Icing sugar to dust
 
 
 
1).Turn on mini doughnut maker!!
2) Stir together the flour, baking powder, in a bowl. Stir in the diced Pear.
3)In a separate bowl, stir together the oil, applesauce, milk, ¼ cup sugar, and vanilla.
4)Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet, stirring just until moist.
5)Place a heaped dessert spoon full into each well
6) Close the lid and wait about 5/6 mins till brown
 
BE CAREFUL They produce a fair bit of steam so watch out when you open the maker!!!
 
7) remove carefully with a blunt knife
8)Repeat steeps 5&6 with remaining batter
9)Dust both sides with icing sugar and........
 
ENJOY!!
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment